Saturday, June 26, 2010

Star Ferry

We finally decided to take try the ferry... after all, on of the piers is right outside of our hotel!!


The ferry company is the Star Ferry Co. LTD... it is certainly hard to miss as the ferry arrives for you to board.



And even once you're on the ferry there are indicators of the name every where... even the seats (which will face either direction)!


Unlike so many things in this part of the world... I'm not really bothered by the fact that the ferry was constructed locally. If it can last since 1959, then I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing!


Coming in to landing in Kowloon... man the piers show their age compared to the rest of Hong Kong and Kowloon!


Here is the arrival of our return ferry. Kind of funny that I caught my "mirror" taking a picture coming into landing.



I'm not usually much for cities, but this view of Hong Kong I think is quite stunning. Something about the water and mountains blended with the equally tall buildings is somewhat beautiful.